I have returned from the famed Punta del Este. While pretty and very conveniently close to Argentina, I think it's yet another example of the infamous inflated ego syndrome here. The beaches are pretty standard and the water is cold, but there are some incredibly nice houses and it's obviously a very affluent area. And my point of reference, the beaches of the Caribbean, is not the fairest.
Anywho, I had a great time. Lots of R&R as Mom would say. I tried my hand at cooking dinner for everyone on Friday night. Tacos and ceviche. While the tacos were good (hard to go wrong), I was disappointed with the outcome of the ceviche. I asked for "huachinango" (the name for red snapper in Mexico) and of course the fish vendor had no idea what I was asking for. I settled for some other white fish but I don't know what ruined the ceviche, the unknown fish or my novice hand. No worries, it'll become a recipe to perfect down the road. I did feel bad though, I hope I didn't turn Fran's whole family off ceviche forever.
Being back in Buenos Aires there's not much to tell. I prefer to bow to Eddie's request and post some envy-inducing photos from Punta del Este for you all to drool over. Here goes...
Being back in Buenos Aires there's not much to tell. I prefer to bow to Eddie's request and post some envy-inducing photos from Punta del Este for you all to drool over. Here goes...
Okay so my attempt at posting photos failed. The internet connection was slow and I went to get a drink with two Colombians I just met instead. Pictures will have to wait another month until after Brazil. I apologize for the delay but I'll have many more pictures to post once I'm back!
I send my love to all. (And I had to cop out on the whole bilingual thing on this one...short on time)
No comments:
Post a Comment