08 March, 2010
Whodathunk?
Who would have thought that with 60 degrees and sunshine just last week, we would have snow in Barcelona? Not just flurries, but real, stick-to-your-eyelashes, snow. I thought this was supposed to be a Mediterranean climate! But of course, being Spain and all, things move slowly. This is why I wasn't informed it was a snow day (this morning it was snowing up in the mountains but not in Barcelona) until I was already almost at the school. Meaning I got up at 6:45, showered, walked to the train, took the hour-long train ride to the city near the town, and was headed out of the station to be picked up by one of the teachers from the school by the time someone got around to calling me and letting me know there was no school today. Back to the train, back to Barcelona. So three hours spent on the train this morning, BUT I'm now toastily back in my apartment with a free day to watch the snow fall on the other side of the windows. Hopefully it will warm up again quickly, spring break is just around the corner and sailing with snow would be no fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment